A place to show my love for my granddaughter who lives with Cerebral Palsy and my passion for painting. In an effort of raising awareness for C.P. every painting brush stroke I make on raw canvas is a stroke of love, as I discretely paint a green C.P. awareness ribbon in every piece. Can you find them?
Do you know someone who would like to have a painting done? email www.harrold.janet@gmail.com

Thursday, November 15, 2012

This poem was written by a friend of mine who's son has Cerebral Palsy just like Hailey. In this poem she is writing about her sons (and others with the same diagnosis) She summed it up perfectly, but Jenny Long "Team Long Brothers" My Wants By: Jenny Long My wants are not everything. My wants are not much. It doesn't take much to feel my touch. The touch of my hand that needs you. Needs you to understand my everything's. The everything's that exist in my world. The world of a listener, something not like you, the talker. A world of stares and assumptions, Assuming I know nothing of the causal whispers being passed around almost as casually as my faded jeans and sneakers, that fit perfectly over the braces that help my feet work more like yours. Your wants don't even come close to my needs. See in your world wants and needs get taken for granted, not here will they. My needs come before my wants. My need to be accepted, to be understood, to live, breathe, feel, share, speak, walk, talk, run, love, and WANT. So will you want to understand my world more before you need to pass judgment on me? My want is of that. For my everything; Cayden I will fight for your everythings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment